Diploma of Screen and Media
Graduate with a showreel, cinema screening and internship.
Only 15 places available, book an interview today. Course runs 17 June – 11 December.
The Diploma of Screen and Media will give you a firm grasp of the fundamentals to work in digital, TV and film content making jobs. You bring your talent and interests and we will develop your career path, develop your showreel, present your work on the big screen at an industry showcase and place you in an internship for valuable work experience.
During the highly practical 26 week Diploma you will cover all the key areas of content-making – writing, producing, directing, shooting and editing. Its very hands on, developed in consultation with industry partners and specialist teachers. The course includes technical workshops, intensive classroom based teaching, self-paced assignments, and practical projects.
Only 15 students will be selected to complete the Diploma in a full-time schedule that will include 18 hours per week of face-to-face classes combined with several self-paced learning elements. There will also be on-set production days scheduled for shooting your projects with our professional equipment.
You will work on a documentary, a studio based production, and short drama, giving you the opportunity to take on a key crew role on each of these productions. Students have the opportunity to work as a producer, director, cinematographer, first assistant director, sound recordist, continuity or editor on at least three of the projects.
The Creative Thinking week will plunge you in to film discussion with screenings of inspiring work and a thorough background of film theory combined with your creative thinking. The Metro Screen team will place you in an industry internship at a digital, TV or film organisation providing practical workplace experience to start building your industry networks and the chance to gain a valuable work reference.
Upon graduation, you will take home the nationally accredited qualification, Diploma of Screen and Media – CUF50107.Download Brochure
26 weeks from 17 June to 11 December 2013
Mon – Wed (Day) plus self-paced study and extra shoot days in addition to the scheduled classes.
This course is Austudy and Abstudy approved for eligible students.
Please contact us for more information regarding eligibility for VET Fee Help Assistance. Diploma of Screen & Media - $13,500
Metro Screen, Paddington Town Hall, Corner of Oxford Street & Oatley Road, Paddington, Sydney
Book an interview, meet the team and take a tour of the Metro Screen studios:
Phone:02 9356 1818
- Work effectively in the screen and media industries (CUFIND301B)
- Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills (BSBCRT301A)
- Prepare, install and test lighting equipment (CUFLGT301A)
- Create storyboards (CUFPPM404A)
- Shoot material for screen productions (CUFCAM301A)
- Perform basic vision and sound editing (CUFPOS201A)
- Write simple stories (CUFWRT302A)
- Articulate, present and debate ideas (BSBCRT401A)
- Edit screen content for fast turnaround (CUFPOS401A)
- Coordinate film and media production services and resources (CUFPPM403A)
- Organise production locations (CUFPPM406A)
- Follow occupational health and safety procedures (CUSOHS301A)
- Collaborate in a creative process (BSBCRT402A)